Saturday, August 8, 2015

Salmon Cupcakes and Whipped Potato Frosting

 How fun are these!?
 Cupcakes for breakfast/dinner?  Yes, please!




Ingredients:

1 medium potato, peeled and chopped
Turnip - equal to the amount of potato you chopped (or you could do all potato)
5 oz package of salmon (I used the plastic package, no drain)
1 green onion, finely sliced
Small amount of red pepper, diced (I used about 1/3 of a 1/4 cup, if that makes sense)
1/8 cup of ground flaxseed
2 tsp sour cream
2 tsp lemon juice
1 small clove of garlic, chopped
Butter, sour cream and salt and pepper for whipped potatoes/turnips
* The recipe called for dill, but I didn't think it was worth the fuss or expense (especially since it used so little of the dill, and I don't really use dill for anything else) , so I left it out here.

I adapted the recipe from here.   Go there for directions.

This made 3 salmon cupcakes and 1 cup of whipped potatoes/turnips.   I actually had the cupcakes, 1/2 cup of potatoes, and fruit and yogurt for my breakfast.

No comments:

Post a Comment