Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Sweet Potato Waffles with Cinnamon Yogurt and Roasted Plums

I have to admit, I especially love my breakfast when it's pretty =)

Sweet Potato Waffles

6 oz shredded sweet potato (this makes 3 waffles, I could only eat 2)
2 eggs
1 tsp coconut oil
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1 tsp vanilla

Toppings:
1 cup of fruit (I used 3 plums, roasted)
1 cup of yogurt (I used plain greek yogurt but flavored it with some vanilla and cinnamon)

Directions:

Heat waffle iron.
Mix all ingredients together.
Spray waffle iron with Pam.
Scoop the sweet potato mixture into your waffle iron (mine makes four square waffles and this was enough to fill three spots).
Press lid down firmly for 15 seconds and then let go and cook for 3 minutes.
Gently remove with a spatula and top with yogurt and fruit.

How have I never roasted plums before??

Roasted Plums

Preheat oven to 400.
Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
Cut 3 ripe plums into sections, remove pit.
Dip the cut sides into melted butter and place plums on parchment paper.
Bake for 15 minutes, or until soft and juices run.
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment